Investigations Specialist, Logistics Investigations
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
The Investigations Specialist, Logistics Investigations, will provide support and analysis of investigation and resolution services pertaining to the protection of people, product and data for Amazon. This individual will be responsible for actionable recommendations derived from data analysis that impact Logistics loss protection programs and investigations while driving profitability through shrink improvement. Additionally, this individual will be responsible for pursuing all logistics investigative matters pertaining to customer, seller and vendor DNR fraud leveraging various data points and analytics across the enterprise to identify Organized Retail Crime activity, investigating accordingly. The Investigations Specialist, Logistics Investigations, will be a key member of the Security and Loss Prevention team. This position is based in Phoenix, AZ, and will report to the Manager of Logistics Investigations, Strategic Investigative Solutions, Loss Prevention, Global Security Operations.
Key Responsibilities include:
· Identifies criminal activity by leveraging information from internal reporting, data analysis, LP reported incidents and retail theft trends.
· Utilize perceived or proven loss risks to develop data/reporting for future detection.
· Identify potential loss risk and opportunity through trend analysis utilizing data-manipulation tools.
· Convert data making it analysis-ready through basic descriptive narratives, aggregations and pivots.
· Leverage fraud models/strategies to mitigate fraud/loss while minimizing customer and operation impacts.
· Builds and fosters relationships with Legal, Customer Service, Field Loss Prevention and Logistics teams and various internal partners as required.
· Manages expectations; prioritize own workload and communicate status.
· Provides visibility and updates to manager regarding project timelines and deliverables
· Provides support of multiple investigations simultaneously while prioritizing team resources accordingly.
· A completed Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or equivalent professional experience preferred.
· 1+ years of experience in criminal/military intelligence analysis, cyber fraud, asset protection, audit, risk management, or other related fields.
· 5+ years of investigative experience identifying, resolving, conducting root cause analysis, and recommending mitigation enhancements.
· 1+ years' of experience in Loss Prevention or Cyber Security.
· 1+ years' of experience in investigative case file building.
· 1+ years' of experience with data systems and data analysis
· Lean / Six Sigma concepts and certification is a plus.
· Loss Prevention Interview and Interrogation certification, Wicklander-Zulawski preferred.
· Strong detailed knowledge of theft, statutory laws and regulations.
· Warehousing, manufacturing or distribution experience is a plus.
· Strong oral and written communication skills and a proven ability to influence others internally and externally.
· Ability to network with organized crime task forces and outside law enforcement as needed.
· Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
· Knowledge of Amazon systems and fulfillment center processes.
·Ability to take calculated risks and challenge current practices to develop and deliver innovative solutions to meet or exceed the customer expectations.
· 1+ years' of experience with Thompson Reuters CLEAR, IBM i2 Analyst Notebook (or link analysis).
· 1+ years' of experience with SQL (i.e. multi table joins, table creation and data validation). Ability to use SQL to develop complex queries for ad hoc analysis requests.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation,
Loading some great jobs for you...