Program Manager, NASC Mid-Term Planning
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
**POSITION CAN BE LOCATED IN SEATTLE OR NASHVILLE**
Looking for your next challenge? North America Sort Centers (NASC) are experiencing explosive growth and looking for a skilled, highly motivated and experienced Program Manager with leadership experience and a strong delivery record to join the NASC Mid-Term Planning Team (US and Canada). The Sort Center network is the critical Middle-Mile solution in the Amazon Transportation Services (ATS) group, linking Fulfillment Centers to the Last Mile solutions. The experience of our customers is dependent on our ability to efficiently execute new programs and manage volume flow through the middle-mile network. The NASC Mid-Term Planning Team is expected to lead network planning to address increasing operational complexity from the evolution of new processes such as containerization, heavy-bulky freight, international shipping, customer returns, and Amazon Robotics solutions. We need to continuously innovate on behalf of our customers and develop new operating models and new science-based planning tools to efficiently match processing supply to logistics demand.
Program Managers will interact with all facets of the NASC Network driving innovation, consistency, increased control, uniformity, and the development of a more efficient centralized network planning process working with SC Operations and core Transportation teams in North America.
Successful candidates will be self-starters who have experience in operations life cycles, including development, design, implementation, enhancement and support along with project/program management experience. A strong bias for action, planning skills, quantitative analysis, and the ability to adopt and deliver new initiatives involving leadership across cross-functional operations, technical, and business teams is essential. This position will include regular direct communications with senior leaders across the organization.
The PM must be agile with the ability to quickly adopt and drive strategies, plans, resources and solutions in response to dynamic business requirements. This individual needs to be comfortable interfacing and driving various functional teams and individuals across the organization.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
· Supports Planning Functions for NASC including Peak and Prime-Week
· Drives integration of all network programs into a single solve at regional and continental level
· Leads major network changes from design till implementation: Peak, Prime Week, Regional and Continental optimizations, integrating specific network programs as needed.
· Designs all network elements for NASC for all major network transformations: DDU coverage, connectivity, critical pull times, and hourly volume availability profiles.
· Secures quality of the network implementation, leading new SC and cross-dock nodes launch at network level (design, ramp up, config request & supervision)
· Foster communication channels and collaboration with Transportation Configuration teams, SC Operations and all relevant Transportation stake-holders for network changes
· Assists in developing and maintaining Network Design related business continuity plans
A successful candidate will also demonstrate:
· Thoughtful leadership and ability to make key functional and business decisions
· Skilled at driving consensus with technical and non-technical audiences.
· High attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
· Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
· Ability to work in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment where continuous innovation is desired
· Ability to clearly communicate data insights to others
· Willingness to roll up their sleeves and do whatever is necessary; owner mentality
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business, Engineering, or other technical field from an accredited university or equivalent experience
· 2+ years of industry experience in operations, general management, distribution systems, or engineering fields
· Data-Driven quantitative and qualitative analysis skills
· Experience leading and interacting with cross-functional teams
· Ability to work effectively with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
· Proven track record of managing and executing large projects from start to finish, including project management, data gathering, problem solving, and communicating recommendations
· High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
· MBA or Master’s Degree in Business, Engineering, or other technical field preferred
· Superior communication skills, including the proven ability to effectively lead, influence, negotiate, and communicate with external business partners and internal teams to meet organizational capacity needs
· Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills complemented with the ability to problem solve independently
· Lean/Six Sigma Process Improvement Experience
· Experience optimizing for short-term execution while planning for long-term technical capabilities. Strong SQL background.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Want to learn more about working with Amazon Transportation Services? Check out this video! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=en5YqrtBGvY&feature=youtu.be
Loading some great jobs for you...