Direct Hire Material Handler
Employment Type: Full-Time
DIRECT HIRE MATERIAL HANDLER$21.00Benefits OfferedJOB DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS:
- Load and unload materials to or from pallets, trays, racks, conveyors, machines, or trucks.
- Verify incoming receipts against bills of lading or delivery receipts.
- Sorts and segregates incoming materials in accordance with established procedures.
- Performs materials movements to various inventory and bin locations.
- Assist with the unpacking of raw materials.
- Ensures incoming materials and inventory are clearly segregated to avoid commingling of defective or complaint returns with new products.
- Stores material in a manner that will prevent product from being commingled, damaged or contaminated.
- Ensures compliance with methods of storage, identification, stock location, temperature, humidity, height and weight limits, loading capacities, and required space.
- Examines stock to verify documentation matches material identifiers
- Pulls, packs, and ships all types of scheduled customer orders in accordance with established shipping methods.
- Ensures 100 compliance with Line Fill Rates LFIR s , order accuracy, FIFO, and productivity goals.
- Ability to work with scales to weight shipping containers as needed.
- Package capital equipment shipments in accordance with drawings and procedures.
- Performs kitting activities by pulling and assembly of various types of kits.
- Track the daily/weekly metrics and drive improvements in efficiency.
- Identify potential issues and avoid problems by communicating to the immediate supervisor.
- Supports manufacturing Kan-Ban program by restocking manufacturing lines and placement of pull orders with suppliers.
- Performs accurate inventory transactions using computer or RF equipment.
- Completes daily inventory cycle counts.
- Perform fluent written and oral communication with other business partners ex: Customer Service, Manufacturing, Finance, Supply Chain, Quality and EHS related to work assignments.
- Collaborate with other business partners to drive efficiencies within plant operations.
- Navigate through the warehouse management system for accurate and timely execution of receiving, shipping and kitting activities.
- Generate required documentation for receiving and for shipments that require accompanying documents international or domestic
- Generate required export documents in compliance with the DOT, TSA, IATA and country specific customs regulations.
- Generate invoices from ERP SAP system for shipments that require commercial invoices.
- Generate reports for daily task accomplishments.
- Promote safety and participate in safety activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned by ASP Warehouse Team leader, Supervisor or Manager. Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED
- 2-4 years of experience working in a warehouse/distribution center performing shipping and receiving
- 2-4 years inventory cycle counting experience
- Ability to read, write, and effectively communicate in English
- Forklift certification electric/sit down, and stand-up
- Steel toed shoes required upon start date
**This position is being recruited by a remote recruiter and not your local Kelly Services branch. Please forward you resume to ...@kellyservices.com or apply directly to this position for immediate consideration**
As a worker today, it s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what s next is what we re all about. We know what s going on in the evolving world of work just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we re always thinking about what s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we re a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.Job Requirements:
Associated topics: ayudante de produccion, clerk, crane, handler, intern, logistics agent, material handler, operator night, stocker, warehouseman
Loading some great jobs for you...