218 N Broad St
Founded in 1925, MacLean-Fogg is a worldwide enterprise currently operating 40 global manufacturing facilities across 5 continents with annual sales in excess of one billion (USD) and a workforce of over 3,200 people. MacLean-Fogg is a privately held enterprise headquartered in Mundelein, IL USA and is comprised of two primary businesses, MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions and MacLean Power Systems. MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions (MFCS) is a leading manufacturer of fastener components, engineered components and engineered plastics for automotive, heavy truck, and other diverse industries. MacLean Power Systems (MPS) is a leading manufacturer of products for electric utility, telecommunications and civil markets.
MATERIAL HANDLER - Perform duties to assure proper movement of raw material and finished goods within entire plant as production needs dictate; perform materials movement related to work in process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Monitor and recharge forklift equipment, check fluid levels as necessary.
* Move material throughout plant using standard forklifts, according to flag light systemand verbal instructions.
* Weigh produced goods and write production counts on production ticket, supply one copy of ticket to production control.
* Select proper raw material or work-in-process inventory and supply to machines for further processing.
* Perform physical counts and weights of inventory on a regularly scheduled basis, enter data on special ticket.
* Operate plant safety and closure equipment. Unload vendor trucks as assigned.
* Transfer material from receiving area or production machine to washer/waxer area as assigned.
* May monitor concentration levels of soap, rust preventative, and wax in appropriate tanks using refractometer; monitor water levels as assigned.
* May drain and clean washer and waxer apparatus on regularly scheduled basis as assigned.
* May unload washed/waxed parts from rollover to clean containers at end of cycle as assigned.
* May receive and write initial rejection notices on customer returns, provide data to Quality Control Department.
* Follow all Environmental and Quality Policies and follow appropriate procedures as required.
* Follow safety rules and keep work area in a clean and orderly condition.
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
* High School education or equivalent experience.
* Must be able to work from verbal instructions, written instructions and shop orders.
* Must be able to operate a standard forklift, a roll-over lift truck and hand trucks.
* Must be able to understand EMS computer system, EMS procedures and raw material coding.
* Must understand production jobs and types of raw material processed in the Forming Department; Purchasing and Accounting procedures.
* Must be a self-starter with good organizational skills and a high level of reliability.
* Must be a self-motivated team player.
Various agencies of the United States Government require employers to maintain information on applicants pertaining to factors such as race, sex, and type of position for which an individual applies. The information requested is voluntary and for compliance with certain record keeping requirements. MacLean-Fogg Company has a long-standing commitment to equal employment opportunity for all its associates and applicants for employment. MacLean-Fogg Company believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities and does not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of race, color, gender, affectional or sexual orientation, domestic partnership status, ancestry, religion, national origin,citizenship status, marital status, disability, veteran status, age or any other protected group status.
* Pay Type Hourly
* Required Education High School
* Job Start Date Tuesday, August 28, 2018
* Trenton, TN 38382, USA
Associated topics: cultivate, forklift, manage, plant, production management, prune, scanner, ship, transplant, watering
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...