Material Handler - Full Time - Night Shift (Whiteriver)
McKesson in Whiteriver, AZ
- Industry: Warehousing/Logistics - Warehouse/Logistics Operations
- Type: Full Time
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career as a Full-Time Material Handler!
McKesson Pharma supplies pharmaceuticals and pharma supplies to hospitals, pharmacies, physicians' offices, home care agencies, long-term care facilities and surgical centers. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that s vital to us all.
Click on the link to watch a video to learn more about working for McKesson!
Our Distribution Center is looking for a dynamic and motivated warehouse associate to join our team. Passion around working for a leading healthcare distribution company focused on distributing pharmaceuticals to more than 40,000 customers ranging from retail chains, independent retail pharmacies, hospitals, health systems, and other healthcare facilities. This is a fantastic chance to work for a company that has a rare mix of being a fun, yet high-paced and professional work environment. We currently have the following shift available to add to our team:
- Sunday 6:00 pm to 3:30 am or completion of work
- Monday through Thursday 6:30 pm to 4:00 am or completion of work
- $14.04 hourly to start (plus $1.50/hour shift differential for the night shift). Regular pay increases- rate reaches $17.20 in 18 months
The Material Handler position will involve:
- Performing the physical tasks involved in the shipping, receiving, storing, and distributing of products, materials, parts, supplies, and equipment
- Standing and engaging in repetitive movement throughout the entire shift
- Extensive walking and mandatory overtime as needed is required
- Pulls and fills orders
- Working with RF Scanning equipment to maintain records of merchandise shipped, as well as examine, stock and distribute materials in inventory and on manufacturing lines
- May use power equipment including, but not limited to forklift, hand tools, and other devices operated in a warehouse environment while maintaining the highest level of productivity, accuracy, and safety
- Ability to achieve and maintain required performance and quality standards
- The ability to work the hours listed above, in addition to overtime. *Overtime is mandatory due to our real-time commitments to our customers. *
- Entry level experience
- Strong reading, addition, and subtraction skills needed to manage order specific documentation.
- Work experience in a face-paced, distribution or warehouse environment or stock room strongly preferred; picking/packing, sorting, loading/unloading, scanning, or various other warehouse functions
- Working knowledge of Material Handling issues
- 1+ years experience
- HS Diploma or Equivalent
- Ability to lift 20 to 50lbs repetitively throughout the course of a shift without assistance (weight varies based on product)
- Must be able to bend, sit, stand, twist, stoop for long periods of time
- Able to walk up to 10 or more miles throughout the course of a shift (steps vary per shift)
- Working with RF scanning equipment
- Keep Your Edge - Stay mentally sharp throughout your shift pulling and picking orders as you strategically get the job done
- Stay Fit - Get your workout in as you bend, twist, lift up to 50lbs, and walk extensive miles per shift - Employees that participate in our Wellness program can receive Health discounts!
- Work Hard, Play Hard That s right! Your performance will help you earn financial incentive on top of your regular pay
- Take advantage of on the job training to operate power equipment including a forklift, hand tools, and other devices
- Most of our Distribution Centers are climate controlled and utilize state of the art systems & equipment
- Stay comfortable while working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment!
McKesson believes superior performance individual and team that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain, and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
When you join McKesson, you become a part of something special. You also get access to a wide variety of benefits; take a look at our total rewards:
Here are a few employee perks:
We offer a competitive starting wage along with a competitive career progression program:
- We offer 16 PTO days to all eligible employees
- Our customized medical, dental and vision packages are created to fit you and your family s needs
- Earn health insurance and gym membership rebates through our wellness program
- Invest in your future through our generous 401(k) Retirement Savings Program and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement Program to offset continued education costs
- Put your family first by taking advantage of our children of McKesson Employee s Scholarship Program
- Provide you tools to advance in your career.
- Utilize the Employee Assistance Program for help with legal, financial and mental health matters
- Help create a healthier world through our volunteer and philanthropic programs
- We are in the business of better health, and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies, and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
Career Level - IC-Operations Support-O2
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to ...@McKesson.com . Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!
Associated topics: clerk, coordinator, handler, logistics, logistics intern, operate, operator warehouse, stocker, supply chain, warehouseman
You may be interested in these similar jobs near Whiteriver, AZ!