Compensation: $116,065.00 - $196,820.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Peraton is seeking a Logistics/Industrial Engineer to bring an understanding of current practices in industrial engineering, including an understanding of Lean methods and Kaizen events to the NASA Integrated Network Ground Station Operations and Maintenance. This is an exciting opportunity to use your knowledge of organization, analytical problem solving, time management and communications skills to effectively coordinate multiple programs, multitask in team environment, and work with limited supervision.
What you'll do
* Using current industrial data analysis methods, develop data to understand, track and monitor activity related to process effectiveness and improvement project status.
* Create presentation material to foster the understanding of and need for improvements in these areas. Presenting this material to both Peraton and NASA personnel.
* Data mine existing maintenance data base (Maximo) and create trending analysis metrics and processes.
* Work with Peraton personnel responsible for operation and maintenance to learn what improvements have been incorporated and the rationale for these improvements
* Develop/update life cycle management processes for new and existing systems.
* Participate in design reviews and provide recommendations for sparing.
* Work with the remote sites to repair and replenish fielded equipment and develop field failure metrics to determine and mitigate failure trends.
* Recommending where and when Kaizen and Lean Problem-Solving methods should be introduced to various operations and maintenance activities and lead approved Kaizen and Lean events
* Work with program managers and functional area leaders to make recommendations on improvement opportunities and work to establish a culture of continuous improvement.
* Monitors improvement milestones to ensure on-time completion and sustainability of results to ensure there is no backsliding.
* Work at all levels of the organizations and sites to foster team and management engagement and involvement in improvement activities.
You'd be a great fit if you have
* A Bachelor's degree in industrial engineering, or a related technical field
* 5+ years' experience in process documentation, operations, manufacturing, or test environment.
* Experience in electronic systems sustainment strategies, Maintenance Planning and Development.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
* Strong written and oral communication skills.
* The ability to travel domestically, approx. 10%.
* The ability to obtain a SECRET clearance.
It'd be even better if you have
* Lean 6 Sigma Greenbelt or Blackbelt
* Prior experience with NASA and/or NASA's Space Network.
What you'll get
* An immediately-vested 401(K) with employer matching
* Rapid PTO accrual schedule with floating holidays
* Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
* Tuition assistance, financing, and refinancing
* Paid maternity and paternity leave
* Company-paid infertility treatments
* Cross-training and professional development opportunities
* The ability to influence major initiatives
This position requires the candidate to be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance. In order to obtain a clearance you need to be a US Citizen and show proof of citizenship.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.
Associated topics: database, developer, design, designer, electrical, electronics, mechanical, mechanical engineer, software, software implementation
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...