Who We Are:
Soho House & Co is a collection of members' clubs, restaurants, hotels and cinemas, catering to those in the film, media, fashion and creative industries. The company has unique ventures throughout the UK, USA, Canada and Europe, with new openings planned for all global regions, with the addition of Asia in 2019.
SEE HOW WE WORK ** HAVE FUN ** AND ** WHY WE STAY
Our third House in Los Angeles will occupy a 100-year-old, 80,000sq ft warehouse in Downtowns Arts District. As well as three restaurants and 48 bedrooms, it will have a private event space, a gym, two club floors including a courtyard restaurant and bar and a rooftop pool.
This position will be responsible for the daily preparation of food items in the pantry, saut, grill, fry stations and/or other areas of the kitchen. Supporting the management team as needed.
- Upholds Mystery Shopper guidelines and all Service Standards.
- Informs and gets verbal consent of Manager for all breaks including meal breaks, rest breaks, bathroom breaks, etc.
- Greets all guests with a smile, eye-contact, enthusiasm and friendliness.
- Maintains a professional appearance at all times and adheres to Companys grooming standards.
- Reports to work as scheduled, in uniform, well groomed, and ready to be in position.
- Maintains professional relationships with all coworkers and guests.
- Maintain a positive attitude to guest requirements Attentiveness to service, responding positively to guests needs, never making the guest do work.
- Follows checklists and standard operating procedures.
- Maintains a safe, clean, organized, and stocked work area.
- Sets up station according to Kitchen guidelines.
- Prepares all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner.
- Follows recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by the Kitchen.
- Restocks all items as needed throughout shift.
- Cleans and maintains station in practicing good safety, sanitation, organizational skills.
- Has understanding and knowledge to properly use and maintain all equipment in station.
- Assists with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of kitchen, walk-in coolers, and all storage areas.
- Commitment to quality service and food knowledge.
- Understanding, knowledge, and ability to comply with safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
- Participates in Cookhouse events and trainings.
- Ability to work 1 to 2 stations in the kitchen.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 1+ years experience in a fast pace, upscale environment.
- Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills.
- Flexible schedule.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Desire to learn and passion for food.
- Ability to take direction.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Must have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated, and organized.
- Must be able to seize, grasp, turn and hold objects with hands.
- Must be able to work on your feet for at least 8 hours.
- Fast paced movements are required to go from one part of the kitchen and storage areas to others.
- Must be able to move, pull, carry or lift of up to 50 pounds on occasion and 35 pounds regularly.
- Occasional environmental exposures to cold, heat, and water.
- Occasionally kneel, bend, crouch and climb as required.
- Why work with us... Soho House offers competitive compensation packages that feature global benefits and perks. Whether youre seeking entry-level employment or a new opportunity to expand your profession, we offer training to develop the technical and managerial skills necessary to enhance your career.
- Career Development: Soho House can progress your career internationally.
- Learning & Development: An extensive range of internally and externally run courses are available for all employees.
- Cookhouse & House Tonic: Celebrating our passion for food and drink. Check out our monthly calendars and get involved in trips, training's and events. Available to all.
- Team Events: From fitness sessions to cinema screenings and art classes, each month we hold a series of fun events which you can sign up to.
- Family Meal: Whilst on duty in our Houses & Restaurants you will be provided with a substantial meal free of charge.
- Health Care: Full time employees are offered; Medical, Dental & Vision
- Retirement: 401K with a company match of 2%
Associated topics: cafeteria, cocinera de la parrilla, cocinera de produccion, cook, diner, dinner, food preparation, persona de parilla, restaurant cook, stove